Amaz0ns ̸P̸r̸o̸b̸a̸b̸l̸e̸ ̸S̸h̸u̸t̸d̸o̸w̸n̸

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    unkn0wnx
    Participant

Another idea is to sell memberships.  Let’s say a two dollar annual membership.  I think you can get at least 500 members easily (you actually be making money).

SteeleBlazer84
    Participant

This is sad. But, there just hasn’t been much conversation.

I know I only post in my MFMC thread. But, I have and would post in other threads if there was robust conversations.

Sadly. I find most people spend more time online, but less time communicating then ever before.

I hate for this to go… I wouldn’t be adverse to the 2 dollar yearly fee… Just not sure enough people would want to do that.

But, what about an AMAZ0ns discord???

That be fun. I have an MFMC discord… and while the talking on that has waned a bit. It ebbs and flows and some discords can be very active… I think discord might be the way to go. So maybe we say goodbye to the forum, but keep the spirit and vibe alive in discord?

jsimon
    Participant

There really isn’t another site like this. If you had a Patreon page and asked for $2 a month (less than a coffee), even with about 350 regulars who would pay, that would cover it, wouldn’t it?

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

Have you thought about different hosting providers? I’m surprised you are paying that much, there are a lot of other more affordable options out there.

really,liking,this,idea….

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

wiki lets you donate using paypal to stay online ,….

Lingster
    Keymaster

Have you thought about different hosting providers? I’m surprised you are paying that much, there are a lot of other more affordable options out there.

It’s Joomla. The hosting demands are significant. There’s a migration provider to move it to WordPress’ bbpress, I’ll look at that over the weekend. That would reduce host costs by about 1/2 to 2/3.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, I’m going to migrate it to WordPress/bbpress over the weekend. No promises, it’s a big goddamn database that’s got stuff in it from three prior version of the forum, and it runs on a wing and prayer as it is.

So what will happen is that I will close the site sometime on Saturday and then hopefully the new site will open a few hours later.

TC2
    Participant

Well if it succeeds that will be awesome. But if it fails I guess the site was doomed to shut down. We appreciate you making the effort to save it.

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, I tried to move it this weekend but it was more complicated than I’d hoped. I will try again later this week. I think it will work.

fasola
    Participant

Man, it took me way too many days to realise that all my quicklinks have the www. in front of the URL and I wasn’t able to get to the site. Don’t know if other people may be having the same issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.