Batwoman TV show

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    unkn0wnx
    Participant

Even the short promo looks boring and weak.
    I think I “watched” most of the episodes, while doing something else. But the show is so bad, I end up playing games or surf the web instead of paying attention to what’s on TV. So I don’t remember what I watched.
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/ruby-rose-exits-batwoman-dc-the-cw-series-to-recast-iconic-lead-role-season-2-shocker-shakeup-1202938863/
    My guess is they fired her. To be fair, I don’t think it’s all her fault. She was part of the problem, but the writing ,choreography , everything was a mess. If the show is not doing well, maybe get another actress is a good move.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

https://deadline.com/2020/05/ruby-rose-exits-batwoman-dc-the-cw-series-to-recast-iconic-lead-role-season-2-shocker-shakeup-1202938863/
    My guess is they fired her. To be fair, I don’t think it’s all her fault. She was part of the problem, but the writing ,choreography , everything was a mess. If the show is not doing well, maybe get another actress is a good move.

Idk…Ruby is a notorious flake!!
    Plus the stunt injuries and the fandom backlash from men&lesbians probably have also been factors

unkn0wnx
    Participant

They are looking to cast another member of LBGTQ (no IA?) community? Why not just cast someone who can make the show more watchable? Maybe that’s too much to ask nowadays.
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/batwoman-ruby-rose-exit-1234612077/

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

LIKE All CW shows…dialogue written IS atrocious&soap opera elements where ppl ARE constantly screwing over THEIR lovers&friends is lame.
    Arrowverse hurts THE most because understanding established characters is easy when YOU 80 Yrs of material…BUT i digress
    Batwoman show is a lesbian superhero written by a lesbian showrunnerz who’s going off typical experiences of LGBTQ.
    JUST by now Ive seen THIS overly dramatic relationships with cringey dialogue SO many times with choices THAT doesn’t make any sense…Read a Damn book!! NOT like CinemaSins doesn’t exist/color]
    After sitting thru many Greg Berlanti-produced shows = Arrowverse, Riverdale, Sabrina:TW&Charmed reboot, Legacies. It dawned on me THAT ALL OF these characters ARE crappy ppl MAKING steaming pile of crap decisions which YOU can apparently GET away with by setting it amongst School kids&lying adults creating impossible loose morality in heroes

https://g33kp0rn.wordpress.com/2020/05/21/batwoman-tv-show-news-that-surprises-absolutely-no-one/

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

https://youtu.be/62GpdErpjr4

especially since KATE has a tiny rogue gallery…LIKE a book club WHERE nobody has read the book&show up just to drink wine has larger membersKevin as Bruce&Ruby as Kate BUT WITH BatMan Beyond’s Bruce&Terry dynamic would HAVE done wonders for this very loosely morality play unfolding before MY eyes.
    NOW I’m a fan of Warren Christie but he’s way too young to be Arrowverse version of Bruce unless THEY pull a Clooney/Affleck&give him salt+pepper hair with extra salt

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

They are looking to cast another member of LBGTQ (no IA?) community? Why not just cast someone who can make the show more watchable? Maybe that’s too much to ask nowadays.
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/batwoman-ruby-rose-exit-1234612077/

Hiring a lesbian actress to switch from another lesbian actress doesn’t matter in the end
    Lesbians are everywhere in this website let alone in the world
    Acting skill is the factor i’m looking for OR stunts without injury
    hope the studios learned a lesson about hiring anyone has never been a fighter before
    Tobey Maguire injured as Peter Parker,Tom Holland former gymnast not so much…Ruby Rose got injured and 2 herniated discs surgery. That usually happens to male wrestling stars.

Also the morons in the comments obviously no idea how tv works or had a back injury in the past. Fans apparently no longer recall that Ruby is a model that is handed offers to be a bad mofo because her tattoos&overall style creates butch chic.
    Now take a butch model and injure 2 discs and then tell her to stand 16hrs filming…dropping out after the 1st season is actually being honorable

Holiday
    Participant

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to this site that I almost forgot it existed.

First off, while I wasn’t a huge fan of the Batwoman show I did grow to like it after the mid-season started. My biggest problem with the show remains: there’s nothing about Gotham to justify why it needs a masked vigilante like Batwoman. I fail to see how that city was even the home of Batman. Once again Gotham City is this unclear mass where the hero and antagonist merely step on. The show was clearly of low budget but the episode where the fire spread around a car was very amateurish. The practical effects and make-up worked far better.

Now that Ruby Rose is leaving I can only feel sad about it. I wasn’t awfully impressed by her but things slowly improved after the mid-season. She started to grow on me. The gossip over why she’s departed are awful. Even SJW sites like TheMarySue are voicing their casting suggestions like the hacks they are. If Ruby Rose still lives in Australia I can imagine what it was like doing this show…all the way up north in Los Angeles and Vancouver. Scenes that sometimes require working nights and having to get into that costume all the time. In addition her home country has suffered natural disaster after another in the past several months. Fellow Aussie, Alex O’Loughlin, gets to work in Hawaii in the reboot of Hawaii Five-0. But working in L.A. and Vancouver? That’s just misery.

Personally I can’t wait for all the DC shows to end because I’m just getting sick of it. I never really liked the Berlanti productions. He’s no Aaron Spelling or Bellisario. The last animated DC film left a bad taste in my mouth. (But animated 52 DC works were always mediocre.) They just dragged the heroes through the shredder just to put them through hell before they flashed it all away. Now they’ve announced that piece of shit Snyder Cut will be airing on cable. I’m not burned out of comic book films. I’m just sick of what DC is doing. In films, television, and comics…ridiculous. It wasn’t woke culture that ruined these properties for me. They just broke it all around.

AlexG
    Keymaster

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to this site that I almost forgot it existed.

Yeah, about a yr and half since you last posted here. Welcome back! B)

First off, while I wasn’t a huge fan of the Batwoman show I did grow to like it after the mid-season started. My biggest problem with the show remains: there’s nothing about Gotham to justify why it needs a masked vigilante like Batwoman. I fail to see how that city was even the home of Batman. Once again Gotham City is this unclear mass where the hero and antagonist merely step on. The show was clearly of low budget but the episode where the fire spread around a car was very amateurish. The practical effects and make-up worked far better.

Now that Ruby Rose is leaving I can only feel sad about it. I wasn’t awfully impressed by her but things slowly improved after the mid-season. She started to grow on me. The gossip over why she’s departed are awful. Even SJW sites like TheMarySue are voicing their casting suggestions like the hacks they are. If Ruby Rose still lives in Australia I can imagine what it was like doing this show…all the way up north in Los Angeles and Vancouver. Scenes that sometimes require working nights and having to get into that costume all the time. In addition her home country has suffered natural disaster after another in the past several months. Fellow Aussie, Alex O’Loughlin, gets to work in Hawaii in the reboot of Hawaii Five-0. But working in L.A. and Vancouver? That’s just misery.

Personally I can’t wait for all the DC shows to end because I’m just getting sick of it. I never really liked the Berlanti productions. He’s no Aaron Spelling or Bellisario. The last animated DC film left a bad taste in my mouth. (But animated 52 DC works were always mediocre.) They just dragged the heroes through the shredder just to put them through hell before they flashed it all away. Now they’ve announced that piece of shit Snyder Cut will be airing on cable. I’m not burned out of comic book films. I’m just sick of what DC is doing. In films, television, and comics…ridiculous. It wasn’t woke culture that ruined these properties for me. They just broke it all around.

It doesn’t matter if its the TV or film adaptations – they’re simply not targeted at the hard core fans, but rather are geared towards a wider audience that might have a basic recognition of the characters, but are not really all that knowledgeable about them in deep detail. Whether at DC or Marvel – those that really cared about the characters are either long retired or dead. The bottom line of the corporate suits in charge is to mulk as much money out of a commodity as possible for as long as is remains possible to do so.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

could’ve atleast given us a female warlord Bane type snapping her tiny back,…
    {sighs}
    is the main reason why I hate Greg Berlanti being in this industry setting up arrowverse/DC properties
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/06/07/batwoman-showrunner-explains-why-she-cut-ruby-roses-kate-kane-instead-of-recasting-her/#6952a5c0b906

unkn0wnx
    Participant

In other words, it will still suck?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.