She-Hulk Vol 3 – Issues #8-#12 – "Stronger then ever" – [Topics Merged]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mr Burroughs
    Participant

I’ll repost what I found at the She-Hulk board.

SHE-HULK #9

Written by Dan Slott

Penciled by Juan Bobillo

Cover by MIKE MAYHEW

"STRONG ENOUGH" PART 1 (OF 1)

After months in deep space, She-Hulk returns to Earth a changed woman. A major power

boost has made her stronger than ever, maybe even stronger than this issue’s special

guest star: HERCULES! Feats of strength can wait, however, ‘cause this emerald

enchantress is going to the books and relying on brains, not brawn, to get the Prince of

Power out of some Herculean legal problems.

32 PGS./ MARVEL PSR …$2.99

UPC: 5960605527-00911

http://members2.boardhost.com/SheHulk/msg/12947.html

Cross your fingers and hope that Bobillo will draw the new She-Hulk with added bulk.

Lingster
    Keymaster

She looks great in the issue out today, #7.

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

Well, this is cool. If the cover to issue 9 is any guide, She-Hulk’s power surge makes her muscles grow bigger than ever.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0408/21/shehulk9.htm

temugen
    Participant

Does anyone else find that She-Hulk’s face on the cover of issue #9 looks a lot like Colette Nelson’s? Even her pose is similar to one that Nelson strikes quite often in her photoshoots. I’m thinking that the artist may be a fellow fan, or maybe just using her as a reference.

Mr. Stone
    Participant

I just hope it sticks.

AlexG
    Keymaster

Does anyone else find that She-Hulk’s face on the cover of issue #9 looks a lot like Colette Nelson’s? Even her pose is similar to one that Nelson strikes quite often in her photoshoots. I’m thinking that the artist may be a fellow fan, or maybe just using her as a reference.

Interesting that you should mention the facial similarity between the cover rendition for Issue #9 and the real life FBBr Colette Nelson – you’re not the only one to have noticed this as I mentioned this same observation as well a while back on the She-Hulk message board. To those familiar with her – or those that compared the artwork with linked photos agreed that it was likely the artist was using her as a model – although the fantasy format is, of course, going to far superior to anything in the real world. 😉

http://members2.boardhost.com/SheHulk/

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Richard
    Participant

Ok so I bought issue #7 and I hate to tell ya but the artwork sucked. It was so bad I thought it was a parady of the real hero’s and villan fighting in the ring. Just in case anyone cares thou the champion fought a similar contest on earth and if memory serves Benjamin J Grimm aka the ever lovin Thing fought him to a draw.

Mr. Stone
    Participant

The above is most definately a opinion not shared by all. I happen to like the artwork. Better than what the JLA book is cranking out lately.

Richard
    Participant

Ok Beta Ray Bill’s arms looked like toothpicks and he had a beer gut! Remember this is Beta Ray Bill the guy who beat Thor one on one! And Adam Warlock looked like a dweeb. Dont get me wrong here the story was fine but if they want the book to succeed then they need an artist who can draw. Superhero’s need to look super otherwise I’d buy Archie.

smitty
    Participant

The good news is that Bobillo soon will be gone, replaced

by Pelletier.

I think the art has been a major drawback in a title many

of us waited a long time to see.

smitty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.