She-Hulk Vol 3 – Issues #8-#12 – "Stronger then ever" – [Topics Merged]

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mr Burroughs
    Participant

Lingster ran up a pretty cool thread when it came out.

http://www.transvigor.com/index.php?p=591

The moment Jen reveals her new muscles is priceless. Champion says something along the lines of "What has happened to you, woman?" Jen flexes a massive bicep and tilts her head snarkily. "Oh, you mean this? I’ve been working out."

If anyone sees previews of issue #9, post ’em. It’ll be interesting to see how Pelletier portrays Jen – in #5 and #6 he gave her a much more traditional look than Bobillo did.

Snotling
    Participant

I’m not into she-hulk anyway, never liked the character sorry, even if I’m a muscle growth fan. Green people are not the proble either… it realy is the character that’s the problem.

anyways, I looked at #8 at the comic book store and the inside art is absolutely repulsive.

I bought Superman 210 instead. I mean… It does have an intersting plotline AND wonder-woman in it! 😀

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3574

Behold, the bulked-up Jen Walters, as presented by new penciller Paul Pelletier.

Paul handled pencil duties on issues 5 and 6, pre-power boost. His new rendition of the character is noticably bigger.

rick powers
    Participant

I told my self I was going to wait until Friday, maybe Saturday. NO rush to get to the comic book store to pick up another frustrating She Hulk book. I had been so let down in the past by this title. Oh, sure I had seen the previews and Shulkie was looking pretty good. But still, I’m a patient guy, I could put my curiousity aside for a couple of days…

But I was WEAK! I left work early, and just happened to be in the neighborhodd, so I stopped on by.

Boy, am I glad I did.

Finally!!! Marvel has found a writer and an artist that can do the She Hulk justice! If you haven’t bought the book yet, run out and get it! The emerald amazon is fantastically drawn. And I can’t wait now for the next one and the next.

By the way… is anyone else out there Reading the new Ultra book? This last issue was interesting, but I think I got to the party kinda late. Any info on her?

Anonymous

I myself found that I just happened to be in the vecinity of my Freindly Neighbourhood comic shop for some peculliar reason Wednesday. And what did my tired old eyes perceive why a massively drawn She-hulk…….. finally!!

Eric
    Participant

All right, you guys convinced me.

I’ll probably buy it Saturday (I drive past a comics shop each day on my way home from work).

And thanks for the heads-up. I love that Emerald Amazon! 😉

Later,

Eric F.

Eric
    Participant

I bought Shulkie #9 & was glad I did!

Nice & huge like she should be. None of this ugly face, muscular body crap they pulled on us in previous issues (i.e., "Savage She-Hulk).

Later,

Eric F., EnhanceMan

Zespara Alathar
    Participant

Which Ultra book are you talking about?

I did notice a week and a half ago that there were a couple of issues that I neglected to bring up involving femuscle in comics. First off, in the Witchblade/Vampi book, near the end of the story, there is a full page panel with Sara looking mighty buff showing off a powerful looking arm. I’ve never seen her drawn that way. Something funky going on with the witchblade and for the good!

Second, was in Birds of Prey, a book that I usually do not purchase. There was a female who could access the powers of any magical being. So during the story she accessed the powers of Zatanna, Dr. Fate and finally Captain Marvel. She did not get super buff after accessing Capt’s powers like we all would’ve liked. Perhaps someone could write a story with this character as she has a ton of potential. 🙂

Btw, I did love the latest issue of She-Hulk and I loved it. That’s the way that she should be drawn. How long this will last, only time will tell.

Z

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

The first four pages of the new issue, due in 7 days, are up at Popcultureshock.

http://www.popcultureshock.com/viewer.php?type=reviews&id=3658&p=2

Unfortunately, the bulk of the preview focuses on the narrator. Fortunately, the muscle we’re about to see looks very nice.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Next issue’s cover shows Titania with a red gem on her forehead. It’s probably either the Power Gem (a la Infinity Gauntlet) or that gem the Juggernaut uses. In either case, might we see some muscle growth in this issue?

Lingster
    Keymaster

Good stuff! So who do you think it is in the suit?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.