She-Hulk Vol 3 – Issues #8-#12 – "Stronger then ever" – [Topics Merged]

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mr Burroughs
    Participant

The new issue is out tomorrow – post reviews, responses and the rest when you get it!

I don’t want to post any spoilers of this issue or last issue, in case you missed #11 (and if you did, WTF? The most incredible female muscle of the century thus far is out there waiting on you!), but here’s the cover.

Lingster
    Keymaster

I was disappointed that She-Hulk herself didn’t make an appearance.

SheMuscleLover
    Participant

I’m goin’ to pick it up tomorrow.

So far, I’ve only missed a single issue – number one!

Anyone willing to help a fellow FMG fan out, and mail me a copy? 😀 Pleeze?

AlexG
    Keymaster

I’m goin’ to pick it up tomorrow.

So far, I’ve only missed a single issue – number one!

Anyone willing to help a fellow FMG fan out, and mail me a copy? 😀 Pleeze?

Two suggestions, one – you might want to pick up the trade-paperback / graphic novel of the first six (or is seven?) of the She-Hulk series, if its not available at your local comic store, they probably could order it for you. Second – try http://www.ebay.com – search for "She-Hulk", "comics", I think if you’re patient an Issue #01 auction or direct By It Now sale will turn up, seems like about every other couple of weeks I see it listed, either single or bound up with a set of comics.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

temugen
    Participant

I missed seeing the Shulkster (in person) in the comic as well, but it was still true to the fun nature of the series.

***spoiler***

I didn’t really care for the tongue-in-cheek way it ended. I would have preferred that they left nothing unresolved, but I guess that just leaves material for the next incarnation of the comic. Marvel’s building up a lot of people’s hopes for a future series, so they had better deliver. 8)

necrobob
    Participant

I was kinda disappointed in the ending overall, felt rather anticlimatic. The "I got a mental block and can’t go she hulk right now" was also a very depressing idea.

Somehow I just wanted the series to keep going instead of end at 12, but alas somethings just can’t be the way we want them to be.

Anonymous

Has anyone seen the alternate cover for WIZARD # 162, on sale tomorrow?

Lingster
    Keymaster

Woo hoo! Battle royale! Eddie vs. Lingster! Fanboy vs. FMGboy! DeeCee vs. New Yawk!

Actually, I recently relocated to Virginia, not too far from D.C.

fbbfan
    Participant

I was dissapointed in this issue as well….

Reading issues #9 to #11, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount muscle that She-Hulk was getting. Those were some of the best looking She-Hulk renditions, period. This is the way She-Hulk should be. Tall, big round defined shoulders, big arms, cute smile.

She was getting pretty buff and muscular.

Unfortunately, She-Hulk was rarely in issue #12, and even when they had her, her muscle was considerably toned down…a real shame.

I have a feeling she will be continue to be toned down with the following comic book series that Marvel is promising.

Well.. it was good while it lasted.

What I would like to see is Jeniffer Walters continue to work out, very serious, as she is bummed out about at what has happened of late. She decides to work out with a vengeance…So when she transformes into She-Hulk, well, her size and strength will be affected, even more so than in issues #9-11.

Imagine the potential of how She-Hulk would look like.

That would be tremendous.

Anybody else agree?

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

fbbfan, I’d be amazed if anyone disagrees with you.

If any enterprising writer or artist wants to take that scenario on, please go ahead! It’ll be months til we see what Slott will do …

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.